Friday, November 30, 2012

Blackwater Koi Farm Visit

Last Month I took a trip down to the KOI farm to hand pick Koi for next year’s sales. The quality and variety was better than ever this year! From unique Kikokuryu varieties to Gosanke that would knock your socks off, the fish far exceeded my expectations. I spent 3 days looking through many tanks and ponds of fish. There were literally hundreds of thousands of fish to look through!! The farm is also a great place to learn from the breeders about what it takes to produce a Premium Koi. So in addition to selecting Koi for my own sales I helped select the best of the best of each variety to be grown out further. Overall the trip was a great success and as always a great learning experience. I selected about 3,500 new fish which will be held at the farm until next spring when they will be shipped up to Pennsylvania.



A Beautiful Day On The Koi Farm

Feeding Time!!


Culling The Growouts
Trying to Stay Cool
Assorted Big Koi
Kohaku
Ginrin Matsukawabake
Ginrin Platinum Ogon
Very Unique Kikokuryu
Kohaku Mix
Gosanke Mix
Hi Utsuri Mix
Ki Utsuri Mix
Premium Growouts
Some Koi In One Of The Mud Ponds
Some Of My Selections
Metallic Mix
Growouts That Were Harvested
More Growouts


Butterfly Mix
Showa Mix
A Very Unique Kikokuryu 
Shusui




No comments:

Post a Comment